|The SSC Website is a website of the Staff Selection Commission in India.
Recruitment to subordinate Government Offices in India is carried out as per Staff Selection Commission norms. Hence posts pertaining to Group B as well as non-technical group "C" non-gazetted posts in the Departments/Ministries, Central Vigilance, C.A.G., Election Commission and its offices are filled up in accordance with the norms laid down by the (SSC)Subordinate Services Commission. On 26 September 2977, the SSC was renamed Staff Selection Commission.
Staff Selection Commission India
The Staff Selection Commission in India has centers spread all over the country. For purpose of better co-ordination categories are made region and subregion wise. There are six Regions which are further divided into subregions: Staff selection commission recruitment is conducted through these regions and subregions. The classification is appended below:
- Northern Region(NR) Delhi, New Delhi,Uttarakhand and Rajasthan.
- North Eastern Region (NER) Guwahati, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland & Tripura.
- North-Western Sub-Region (NWR), Himachal Pradesh, Chandigarh, J & K, Haryana and Punjab.
- Eastern Region(ER) Kolkata, Sikkim Orissa, West Bengal, Andaman & Nicobar Islands,Jharkhand.
- Western Region(WR) Mumbai, Goa, Dadra & Nagar Haveli, Maharashtra,Daman & Diu and Gujarat.
- Central Region(CR) Allahabad Bihar and UP.
- Madhya Pradesh Sub-Region (MPR) Chattisgarh, Raipur and Madhya Pradesh.
- Southern Region(SR) Tamil Nadu & Pondicherry , Chennai and Andhra Pradesh.
- Kerala-Karnataka Region (KKR) Karnataka, Bangalore, Lakshadweep & Kerala.
Staff Selection Commission Recruitment 2010
The staff selection commission recruitment 2010 is to be conducted as per norms laid down by the commission. The SSC forms for government jobs in India can be downloaded from the national website. This online facility is available to Indian citizens desiring to apply for a government post through the website www.ssc.nic.in. Information about results is available along with current government job vacancies and Group B recruitments in SSC. Only after intimation confirming the number of vacancies has been received from the various Offices/Cadres and departments concerned, well before the Tier II examination, the final recruitment through the combined graduate level examination will be considered.
The SSC is invested with several powers. Besides recruitment and selection with regard to government posts staff it also issues Certificates and Forms for the following categories
1. OBC Certificate
2. SC/ST Certificate
3. Ex - Servicemen
4. Defence Personal
5. Persons with Disabilities (PH etc)
6. Central Govt. Deptt. Candidate
Combined Graduate Level Examination- 2010
The SSC Tier-II (Combined Graduate Level) Examination is proposed for 31st July 2010 and 1st August 2010. The SSC Recruitment 2010 will be conducted as per Combined Graduate Level Examination. The Application Form 2010 download facilities offered on website. The SSC Examination Date is 16th May 2010. The SSC will conduct the examination in different batches. The notification states that first batch SSC Tier 1- combined graduate level examination will commence on Sunday 16 May 2010. Successive schedules are planned batch-wise according to the different categories applying for government posts.
Staff Selection Commission Group D vacancies
As per the results recruitment will be made for the Lower Division Grade of Group D staff in the government offices. Temporary vacancies are also filled in for the Central Secretariat Clerical Service. Moreover there are vacancies arising in Group D - Armed Force Headquarters Clerical Service and Central Vigilance Commission Clerical Service. The examination centers for Group D staff are Mumbai, Allahabad, Kolkata, Delhi, Bangalore, Guwahati, Raipur, Chennai and Chandigarh.