|Home > India > Mumbai > Ramnarain Ruia College
Ramnarain Ruia College, Mumbai
|Ramnarain Ruia College Mumbai was founded in the year 1937. This college is located in the central part of Mumbai in Hindu Colony that lies between the Dadar and Matunga railway stations. This includes the junior and senior college. This college has been popularly known as it has achieved four grading star which is accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) of India. It also introduces the Junior college that offers courses in the arts field and science stream. Ruia College in Mumbai is considered to be the first college which was started by Shikshana Prasarak Mandali, Pune. Sir Roger Lumley who was the Governor of Bombay at that time inaugurated the college. Mataji Suvratadevi Ruia and also her son Seth Ramnivas Ruia contributed largely for its establishment. In 2006, this college has won the "best college award" which was given by the Mumbai University. This College conducts the under graduate and post graduate degree courses. Ruia College is affiliated to the University of Mumbai.
Ramnarain Ruia College of Arts and Science is a best educational institution that moulds the minds of the students to the optimum level thereby making them intellectual and efficient in thinking process and making them creative. The objective of the college is to maintain a good position in the field of imparting higher educational degree. This college will prove to be a growing educational sector as it has gained strength and momentum in the past period. The present principal of the college is Dr Suhas Pednekar. The extra curricular activities are coordinated by VPM (Vidyarthi Prathinidhi Mandal) which is the society of students. It also celebrates the Rose day and also all other traditional days on a huge scale. The most predominant festival of the college is "Utsav" that is a colorful cultural festival. The VPM also formulates the workshops in order to contribute in the field of recreational activities. This college also aims to open an avenue in which they could apply for the clinical research. It has also introduced the scope of knowing about the importance of engineering. Podar College is located near the Ruia College of Mumbai.
Ruia College Radio
Ruia College in Mumbai presents the radio station. This college is the only one college that has constituted the first e radio station in Mumbai. In India this is the only college that has started taking initiative in developing the latest web radio station. This radio station is available 24X7 e-radio station of the college. The shows of the radio sector include the music, literature and other sources of entertainment.
The students who have completed their degree from the Ruia College of Mumbai are known as Ruiaites. Some of the prestigious alumni are named herein who have graduated from the Ruia College that include: Dr. K Kasturirangan, Justice V P Tipnis, Ajit Wadekar, Srirang Desai, Manohar Joshi, Ishaa Koppikar, Sonali Bendre, Ritwik Sanyal, Nandu M. Natekar and Manohar Bopardikar. Alumni function is a sort of party where the reunion of the students is held. The students are encouraged to accompany with their partners that means with their respective spouses.
The academic courses offered by Ruia College in Mumbai are the under graduate degree, post graduate, doctoral, certificate, diploma and post graduate diploma courses.
Under Graduate Courses:
Post Graduate Courses:
- B. Sc. (Aided) Botany, Chemistry, Life Science, Mathematics, Microbiology, Physics, Statistics and Zoology
- B. Sc. (Unaided) Biochemistry, Biotechnology and Computer Science.
- B. Sc. (Biotechnology)
- B.Sc. (Computer Science)
- B.M.M. (Unaided)
- B.A. (Aided) Economics, English, Hindi, History, Marathi, Mathematics, Philosophy, Political Science and Sanskrit
- BLiSc Bachelor in Library & Information Sc.
- M. Sc. (Aided) in Chemistry, Botany, Physics, Biochemistry, Microbiology and Life Science.
- M. Sc. (Unaided) in Biochemistry, Computer Science, Herbal Science and Microbiology.
- M. Sc. in Life Sciences
- M. Sc. in Microbiology
- M. Sc. (Biotechnology)
- M. Sc. (Computer Science)
- Doctoral Course in Chemistry
- Doctoral Course in Physics
- Doctoral Course in Botany
- Doctoral Course in Zoology
- Doctoral Course in Microbiology
- Doctoral Course in Life Science
- Doctoral Course in History
- Basics in Neuropsychology
- Foreign Languages: Japanese, German, Spanish and Chinese
- Slum Studies: Slum Studies & Development, Energy Conservation & Waste Management
- Proof Reading
- Translation Skills (Marathi-Hindi-English)
- Bioinformatics (Online)
- Environmental Science
- Molecular Biology (Online)
Post Graduate Diploma Course:
- Diploma in Information Technology
- Diploma in Bioinformatics
- Diploma in Travel and Tourism
- Diploma in Accounting & Taxation
- Diploma in Slum Studies
- Diploma in Food Science & Quality Control
- Post Graduate Diploma in Industrial Analytical Chemistry
- Post Graduate Diploma in Accounting Taxation & Law
The admission procedure for getting into Ruia College is decided on the merit basis. The admissions into the Ruia College of Mumbai are drawn in the month of May every year. Students who wish to take the admission process in 2010 need to be alert in the month of May as the admissions to the second and third year degree courses are done on the basis of submitting the fees and the essential documents as specified below. The admission form must contain the photograph of the candidate plus also the signature of the candidates and parents. They should also submit the original mark sheet of the academic qualifications in order to support their claim. Admission shall be completed once they have submitted their fees for the specified courses at the college office cash counter.
The address of Ruia College is given to help the candidates to contact them.
Ramnarain Ruia College
L Nappo Road, Matunga
Mumbai 400019, India
Phone Number: 91-22-24143098
Website Address: www.ruiacollege.edu